Monday, August 3, 2009

boasting & more

I don't know if this sort of thing happens to you, meaning, starting something and then letting it slip to the back burner? Like I started this blog and then felt, overwhelmingly, that what's the point, why should people ever, ever want to read what's happening in an average person's totally average life? This thought so took hold of me that I abandoned updating my blog completely. So how come I'm at it again? I think it's to do with cutting down on grains. No, no I'm not completely crazy. There is a connect. It's the 12th day running where I have tried to go back to optimum eating and exercise, and succeeded to a large extent. This for me, bascially means reducing my rice intake. I've also gone back to the multivitamins and calcium that I know I must take, given my advanced years. Also, every single evening, I have walked for 30 minutes --- pushing it up to 45 minutes on a couple of days. As a result of all this, I have dropped 1.4 kg in 11 days and am feeling better. And so it's a matter of boasting that's brought me back to the blog: I've just been too good. Of course, it's a long, 'starving' road ahead. Still. I'm hoping to cut 6 kg by September end. Then I will buy some fitted clothes, no longer hold my tummy back during all public interaction and generally go out and meet new people who will all go away thinking, Wow, she looks good (even if they add, for her age, as ps in their minds). What I hate most about this 'good' lifestyle is the adding of yoghurt (vile) and vegetables (more vile) and movement (even more vile) into my daily life. But am doing it. So far, so good. Am also trying to work on my mind by trying to think positive. Maybe, that's a bit overstated. More accurate to say, am trying to not let the day to day heebie-jeebies get me down. Trying to get a bit of that duck's back so can shrug off murky, disturbing waters. Do send me your stories on battling weight and negativity... Till next time.

5 comments:

  1. hey Manjira...dunno why i am not getting your updates on my reader...
    but wanted to cheer you up for the wt. loss as well as the blogging.....i have lost 12 kg in 6 months, and during the summer days when i could not do even the moderate exercise , the wt. did not come back....i am on a ingenious ( read self devised) macrobiotic diet.....see my blog...
    http://healthfooddesivideshi.blogspot.com/
    where i post the healthy low cal-high fiber recipes i make and many of my friends are being benefited by this.
    also i'd tell you ( as we have interacted earlier) that i am a full time nurse maid to my ailing daughter and manage everything single handedly , so there is no such exercise routine....but the modified diet has helped me so much that i wanted to tell you, so that you get more enthusiasm out of it...keep up....it feels so much better to be able to show off your new found waistline....:):)

    and i want to tell you that even if i eat some fried stuff in moderation ( which may be 4 puris with a fat free sabzi or chhole) the wt. is not coming back...thanks to the high fiber food which is high on nutrients too....

    good luck .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Manjira, nice to read this post. Well if you see, this is a common syndrome, starting something with so much energy and then leaving it halfway... we all are struggling with this. All the moms in my forums discuss about this only but it is good to have motivation coming from other members.

    Good that you decided to come back to your blog again and started posting. Hope this comment gets added as in the past many a times i had put big-big comments only to see some server error.

    All the best,
    Asha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Manjira

    You're doing a great job on the blog, please do write more frequently, as I love to read your posts.

    Regarding the dieting and weight loss, I believe in the "eat-drink-&-be-merry" school of thought, I love to eat (may be it's in my Parsi genes) and hate exercise (tho I love open spaces & walking), so, if you've managed to take care of your diet for 11 days AND found the time to exercise in spite of a hectic lifestyle and taking care of a family, I'd say you're doing FANTASTIC, girl!!

    Wish you all the best for the future. Do write often, your readers enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all Kudos to you for maintaining your weight fighting strategies.

    I dont have much to share about weight loss, but what works for me being aware of how much I am eating.Diet and exercise can create wonders.Keep Going...:)
    Somehow about fighting negativity, its always that when you are feeling the most negative , there is always a hope of positivity somewhere close by its just that we either dont believe in it or dont ask for it.LOL !

    Keep updating your blog..missed you !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just finished my session at a weight loss center today morning and was totally hungry and was contemplating on cheating and have something yumm to eat...ur post sort of got me on the track.

    ReplyDelete